A stroll in the park

A busy day at office,
Umpteen thoughts in my mind,
Struggling to make meaning;
Walk did I off my apartment,
Leaving them all behind.
Realize did I not until encircled,
By a bed of daisies shivering in the breeze.

Generous had been, the evening shower,
To sprinkle a thousand diamonds around,
Busy bees on their final stop,
Chipmunks tussling over the fallen fruit;
Life's slow in these wonderful moments,
Blessed are they who pause to take a breath.

Gazing at that wondrous spectacle,
Realization peeked into my senses,
Life's a puzzle,
Put together by a multitude of tiny moments,
Race do we through them,
Savoring not them, which matter so much.

The walk back to my apartment,
The transformation from barks to bricks,
Opening my door, landing in my couch,
Pausing for a few moments to meditate,
It all happened then.

A soft touch on my face,
A wet lick on my toe,
Opened my eyes to those beautiful round eyes,
Of an expectant three year old,
His buddy, a lab pup, mirrored the same feeling from
down below.
Leaning back to see the lady of my heart smiling,
By the kitchen door,
The decision was made.
Your heart's desire is right here in front of you;
Just heed its calling.

3 comments:

Rams said...

Nice...though I didn't get a few parts of it... :)

Hemanth said...

Which parts were confusing ji? Lemme try to clarify ;)

Rams said...

The last 5 lines :)