Freedom at Hyderabad

The fresh air of Hyderabad greeted me as I landed in the Begumpet Airport in Hyderabad on one Saturday morning. It was the start of a weekend that I knew marked a significant change in my life. It was the last operational day of the Begumpet Airport. All flights from the very next day onwards would operate from the new International Airport. I felt that this mirrored the changes in my life very aptly - out with the old, in with the new. Hyderabad to me signified the start of a resolution that, from now on, this free soul would search for what it likes and would pursue it.

Shyam, my best friend right from the college days, met me here. He is a tall lanky guy with broad shoulders. We setup our base here in Hyderabad in a small private colony; a beautiful place, at peace with nature. An entire plethora of wildlife rallied along its course right at our doorstep; squirrels, sparrows, frogs; not to leave out several other birds that I could not put a name to and probably, a snake or two at nights.

Although I did really want to put the practice of doing what I like into place; remembrance of my earlier experience at resolutions always kind of gave me the jitters. They had never worked. Not even one of them! So, there was always a nagging doubt at the back of my mind as to how long I would hold on to this one. But there were quite a few surprises in store for me.

First thing that stood out in stark difference to whatever I had experienced earlier is the fact that two confused individuals with similar resolutions kind of made up for each other's weaknesses. Basically, it meant that when either of us strayed from the line of focus, the other came in handy to pull you back on track.

Second was the revelation that meditation as a practice to seek peace with oneself just does not mean sitting in a secluded corner, closing one's eyes and concentrating so as to control one's thought streams. It just could just be as simple as realizing our oneness with nature.

This is what we experienced when we just took a bike ride on an empty road in the night. It was fresh pure air; and with the cool breeze gushing against our faces, both Shyam and I just melted into silence in nearly a twenty minute ride. I guess both of us thanked the other for not breaking the peace in that interval.

I experienced the same in walking back home one evening listening to some beautiful songs from the movie "Music & Lyrics" on my iPod. Again, a feeling of oneness with all things around me just flowed through my veins. I somehow felt free - free to enjoy and savor every particle of matter, every wave of sound that surrounded me.

Salaam Namaste to Hyderabad for the experience. All this in just one week too! Let's see what else is in store. For one, it has started me writing again as well ;)

7 comments:

Gokul S said...

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
-Lawrence of Arabia

Wish you all the best-ji...

Arun Ponniah Sethuramalingam said...

Have a great time during your stint at Hyderabad.

Anbu said...

Wish u more exciting rides ji...

Arvind Sharma said...

Beautiful Write-up ji...I have had some such "melting in silence" walks with JP on the very same roads...miss the place!
All the best in finding your way through this phase ji. Remember that a lot of people (me included) look up to you today and always :) (now I don't know if that fact is comforting or adds to the pressure:)).

Shivkumar said...

Hi Hemanth,

I am glad that you had a pleasant beginning to life in Hyderabad - a city which is surprisingly far more welcoming than one would imagine. I for one had an amazing 3 day trip to Hyderabad when I came down to attend the Sun Tech Days in Feb 2007.

And the last line sums it up. It got you back to blogging. I associate blogging with inspiration with effervescence of enthusiasm and ideas. When I experience the peak of this - I find myself in a middle of a deep meditative moment - when I feel totally connected to my inner self - and then I pour it out into a poem.

Or, as lyrics says-

'I need Inspiration, not just another negotiation.'

Srinath said...

Nice, man!! Good to see you blog again, and more than that, good to hear about the nice state of affairs with you.

Hemanth said...

Thank you for all the wishes jis! I do hope to be active on this blog henceforth. So keep your RSS feeds intact ;)